Sunday, November 16, 2008

Making Lemonade out of life's Lemons

Things seem to be looking up. I had a dinner party last night. Just a light Supper. I made a Cheesy Chicken Enchillada Soup, with Cracklin cornbread muffins and for desssert a spiced Pumpkin Bread with Pumpkin Pecan Butter. It must have been good cause they took home all the left overs.

After the storm our neighborhood really bonded together, eversince several of us have gotten really close and we all do dinner or have Our Desparate House Wives Wine Party atleast once a week. My neighbor being hispanic immediately gets pegged as Eva, me I am more a cross between Nicolette Sheridan and Marcia Cross. Because I love my frilly retro aprons.

My neighbor told me about a really good job where he retired from and even took me there to drop off my application and introduce me to everyone. I sit for my entrance exam this Wednesday. So I am excited and a bit nervous, why couldn't they just give me a Cosmo Quiz I am really good at those..lol He seems to think with my smarts and experience and list of certifications I am a shoe in for the job. I hope so.

I also got a call to do another divorce for a lady. This will be the 6th uncontested divorce I have done for people. I used to do legal documents for people at my old job all the time, and I am a notary public so its a good little sideline. I used to do it for free but I will be charging from now on.

Here's my Lemonade Recipe
4c. water
1c. lemom juice ( freshly squeezed)
1/4c. honey

stir well, chill and serve with a spring of mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment