Sunday, May 24, 2009

FROBERG FARMS- FARMER'S MARKET

Going to the Farmers Market is one of my favorite things. I love the beauty and the color of these glorious vegetables . The picking out the perfect specimen to bring home and deciding on just the right recipe to use them in, make me happy.


For me food is about Sharing.
My Aunt Lee always taught me that it was a sin
to ever let somone go hungry.
It is one of my beliefs til this day.
This looks like vegetable Soup, Casseroles,
Stir Frys, Fresh Salads
The little Gems will become
Sweet Potatoes with Candied Ginger and Honey Butter
Russet Potato Wedges with Italian Herbs and Parmesean

These ears of corn have already been slathered with herb butter wrapped back in their husks and are ready or the grill or oven

I love eggplant this one will make a nice Baba Ghanoush
or perhaps a Feta and Venison Casserole


Green Beans New Potatoes with a nice Salty Sweet Ham
and potato salad is perfection


Roma Tomatoes with Basil and Balsamic Vinegar

This melange of squashes will make a wonderful
Squash and Rice Casserole

SPECKLED BUTTER BEANS-
I love butter beans but I had never seen speckled ones before,
So this was definitely a must try for me.
They will be wonderful served with some Sweet Cornbread
Farm Fresh Eggs
Frittata's and Crepes coming up

No comments:

Post a Comment